B&W Tek is constantly growing with new products, new facilities, and new opportunities, which means we’re always looking for talented, dedicated employees to join our team. We utilize experience and knowledge from countless backgrounds, from sales associates to firmware engineers and everything in between. At B&W Tek, we promote constant improvement for both the company as a whole and our individual employees. We value growth and education for our associates just as much as we value our customers’ ideas and goals.
B&W Tek is an EOE and drug free environment.
B&W Tek is always interested in talented applicants. Please submit your CV or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
B&W Tek is a vertically integrated advanced instrumentation company with expertise in photonics, laser, spectrometer, and chemometric technologies producing spectroscopy and laser instrumentation. We are looking for an Electronics Engineer to design new spectroscopy systems for our product portfolio. In this role, you will offer innovative methods of differentiating our system from others on the market. You will create prototypes as well as test electronics to ensure they function as planned, and also be responsible for ensuring that electronics meet the highest standards of safety and performance for our customers.
- Analyze the needs of customers to determine system design strategy and the cost of developing electronic systems
- Conduct system evaluations and make appropriate recommendations to modify designs to improve technical performance while defining and executing testing and maintenance
- Generate necessary documents for production such as PCB manufacturing files, PCB testing SOP and production SOPs
- Inspect electronic designs to ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and safety standards.
- Successful completion of degree from ABET-accredited engineering program
- Proficiency in electronic CAD software such as Altium or equivalent
- Ability to collaborate with other departments to ensure understanding of project specifications and business needs
- Capable of applying knowledge to troubleshoot and propose solutions for electronics-related issues
- Two or more years of relevant work experience
Would you like to join the B&W Tek team? Please forward your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Commercial and Industrial Designer
B&W Tek has an immediate opening for a commercial and industrial designer position and is looking for a qualified graduate who takes initiative, works well in a team, and communicates effectively to join us as we continue to grow and expand in the area of mobile spectroscopy.
The designer needs to work with the engineering team under the guidance of the Director of Engineering to ensure quality in the design and functionality of B&W Tek products.
- Come up with commercial and industrial design by studying system requirements.
- Evaluate the feasibility of design ideas by using 3D modeling and analytical software and applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and material science.
- Realize and optimize the product design with maximum manufacturability, ideal user interface, safety, and minimum cost while preserving its core engineering functionality
- Testing finished products and system capabilities; confirm fabrication, assembly, and installation processes and documentation.
- Develop and implement manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 1-2 years or equivalent hands-on experience in mechanical design with strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in SolidWorks is a must.
- Experience with metals and specialty materials manufacturing. Experience with injection molding is a plus.
- Experience in 3D prototyping is a plus
Assembly Technician (Opto-mechanical)
Looking for a job where you can get hands-on in assembling and testing products that help keep people safe? Enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together? Will not stop until you get something to work? Join B&W Tek as an Assembly Technician and put your talents to work!
If you take the job, you would be responsible for the following:
- Inspection – don’t use bad incoming parts
- Assembly – put the parts together
- Alignment – make sure everything is all lined up
- Calibration – got to meet the specs
- Testing – get it working perfectly
- Improve – work with engineers to make it better
- Fix – Because sometimes people break things
No experience is required, as we will provide training to get you ready for the job. All you need to be is handy, willing to learn, and take pride in your work. Email firstname.lastname@example.org today or call 302-368-7824 ext. 1214 to schedule an onsite visit to see if this is the right job for you!
Instrument Development Engineer – Software
- Develop and maintain software systems for portable instruments.
- Develop programs on Linux, Android, and Windows platforms.
- Assist in producing software system specifications.
- Build prototypes, products, and systems for testing.
- Provide corrective actions on software defects and issues.
- Create and maintain system product documentation.
- Collaborate with firmware/hardware engineers on product enhancements and whole systems.
- Assist in maintaining network system security.
- Implement best-practice procedures for VMware server and desktop virtualization.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering
- Proficiency in C, C++, Java
- Experience in QT and Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience in relational databases, such as MySQL, SQLite
- Experience with object-oriented design
- Experience with Linux based instrumentation
- Experience with modularized development and system design patterns
- Good knowledge of multithreading concepts
- Good knowledge of networking and sockets
- Strong team player with ability to handle multiple projects
- Experience in software full lifecycle development
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience in modern full-stack web development
- Experience in cloud application development
- Ability to investigate and recommend technical solutions to complex problems with little or no supervision
Would you like to join the B&W Tek team? Click here to apply