B&W Tek, a mobile spectroscopy solutions company that delivers lab quality Raman, LIBS, UV-Vis and NIR solutions through user-friendly mobile platforms, recently released the latest versions of their BWIQ®, BWSpec® and BWID® software packages. All of the updates were designed to provide more capabilities to users when collecting and analyzing data.
BWIQ® is a comprehensive multivariate analysis software package for analysis of spectral data including exploratory, qualitative analysis and quantitative regression methods from various sources in multiple file formats. BWIQ models can be used for real-time prediction from B&W Tek i-Raman® series systems using BWIQ . The 21CFR Pt 11 BWAnalyst™ software for the QTRam® supports real-time prediction with BWIQ PLS1 models. The most recent version of BWIQ includes:
- Model properties clearly displayed in various table formats
- Additional graphics with user-definable limits for outliers
- Model based outlier detection tools for regression models using BWIQ prediction engine (BWPE)
- Access to previous training files for model recalculation after an outlier removal
- Ability to zoom and select specific regions for variable selection
- Improvements to model traceability using the updated prediction function
To learn more about BWIQ software, click here.
BWSpec is a data acquisition and analysis program included with the purchase of all B&W Tek spectrometers and portable Raman systems. It supports three types of B&W Tek spectrometer interfaces: RS-232, USB 2.0, and USB 3.0. BWSpec is ideal for broad range applications since it delivers a wide range of features designed to perform complex measurements and calculations at the click of a button and features multiple data formats. The latest updates to the software include:
- Sample Information Form providing users with detailed information about previous runs
- Manual selection of the “Zero” points and area calculation starting and ending points using Manual Peak Area Calibration
- Enhanced control of LED illumination behaviors
To learn more about BWSpec software, click here.
BWID is a unique software product which is designed for rapid Raman spectroscopic identification and verification of materials using a spectral library/database as well as search and match algorithms. Users are able to either create or use a preexisting library provided by B&W Tek in combination with the i-Raman series portable spectrometers. The new updates enhance the ease of use and will include:
- Setting of peak range in stability testing
- LIMS export capability
- User options for enabling audible warning while laser is on for i-Raman EX
- Enable/Disable capabilities for weak signal warnings during auto integration option to avoid long integration times
- Saturation detection within a user-defined search range
To learn more about BWID software, click here.
To learn more about all B&W Tek software options, click here
About B&W Tek
B&W Tek is the global leader in innovative mobile spectroscopy solutions. Since our establishment in 1997 in Newark, Delaware, USA as a provider of OEM laser and spectrometer modules and components, we have grown into an industry-leading total solutions provider, coupling our core technologies with custom design and manufacturing capabilities. We utilize our own key building blocks consisting of spectrometers, light sources, sampling accessories and software capabilities to produce complete solutions based on portable and handheld spectroscopy and laser instrumentation. B&W Tek provides Raman, LIBS, UV-Vis and NIR solutions for the pharmaceutical, biomedical, materials science, chemical, safety, security and research communities. B&W Tek’s mobile spectroscopy solutions provide point of need measurements for actionable results.
19 Shea Way
Newark, DE 19713 USA