Looking for something specific?
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
B&W Tek LLC, a Metrohm group company, is an advanced mobile spectroscopic instrumentation leader, developing, manufacturing, and servicing state-of-the-art analytical devices, including portable and handheld Raman analyzers. We serve application solutions for the pharmaceutical, biomedical, safety and security, physical, chemical, and research communities. B&W Tek is constantly growing with new products, new facilities, and new opportunities, and is always looking for talented, dedicated employees from countless backgrounds to join us and grow together as a team. With the fast growth of our business, we have an immediate vacancy for a full-time Data Engineer for our Plainsboro, NJ location.
In this role, you will have responsibility for developing and maintaining databases for products from all platforms as well as managing our product spectral database as member of software team. You will be required to have hands-on problem solving, from the upkeep and generation of database, to data validation as well as the capability of data processing and analysis. To excel in this role, you need to be very organized with a fine eye for detail, and openness to learn new skills to meet growing business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in computer science, software engineering, statistics, applied mathematics or related;
- Experience in database programming and familiar with all popular database types. Good understanding of MySQL is a plus. Understanding of automated database version control is a plus.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, R, Python or SAS tools for data processing and analysis;
- Knowledge of AI/machine learning and data mining basics;
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming for data processing algorithms;
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel or other automated data management tool;
- Knowledge in Network/Cloud infrastructure will be a plus;
- Willingness to learn new skills and be adaptable to take on various roles to meet changing business needs.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication, and an outwardly positive demeanor
ROLE AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain database for cross-platform software implementation on all BWTEK spectroscopic products;
- Managing and maintaining spectral library database, creating automated data pipeline for analytical applications; creating product documentation
- Assisting in data process and analysis algorithm design and validation;
- Collaboration with entire software team for product enhancement and new products.
- Collaboration with the hardware development team for product enhancement and new products.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Please submit salary expectations.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Please submit your CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org