B&W Tek, an advanced instrumentation company that delivers lab quality Raman spectroscopy solutions through user-friendly mobile platforms is proud to announce the release of the TOS 4.0 software update for their award-winning TacticID® handheld spectrometer.
The TacticID system has the industry’s largest on-board library of narcotics, pharmaceutical pills and cutting agents along with thousands of hazardous and common chemicals, explosives and more. The system delivers fast, accurate, on-site identification of unknown substances in seconds with clear warning signals and safety information.
Significant new TOS 4.0 features include:
- All TacticID units will now support the new TacPac™ SERS heroin identification mode when utilizing the adaptor. The SERS consumables utilize a commonly available solvent and isolate the heroin sample, enabling the 785nm laser-based TacticID to identify heroin and its components quickly and easily.
- The on-board library size of the TacticID-GP has nearly doubled while the size of the TacticID-N onboard library has been greatly expanded.
- Mixture analysis for both systems has been further optimized, improving speed and delivery of results.
- The option to display both common street and chemical names on the result screen has been added, making the TacticID even more accessible for all user levels.
- Polish, Arabic and Korean languages have been added to a growing list of language translations for our international customers.
- Options for users to perform and manage validation results have been expanded for greater control and reporting.
With the release of the TOS 4.0 software update for TacticID, law enforcement, safety and security personnel and other related users around the world have even more capabilities with their TacticID units. B&W Tek is proud to deliver products that further help in the fight to make our world a safer, more secure place.
For more information on TacticID visit www.TacticID.com.
About B&W Tek
B&W Tek is an advanced instrumentation company that delivers lab quality Raman spectroscopy solutions through user-friendly mobile platforms. B&W Tek provides solutions for the pharmaceutical, biomedical, physical, chemical, research, and safety and security communities. Our commitment to innovative solutions has made B&W Tek a leader in Raman spectroscopy solutions worldwide.
19 Shea Way
Newark, DE 19713 USA